Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
QIAGEN Sciences, Inc., is a Bio Technology leader in the manufacturing of innovative, customer-driven products. Our rapid growth means that we are continuously seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to expand our operations. If you are interested in belonging to a dynamic and enthusiastic high-performing Team, developing your potential and using your skills to contribute to its success, QIAGEN Sciences, Inc. is where you should be! We recruit employees for the long term and reward them for their commitment.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Field Service Specialist for our West territory, to be based out of Denver.
The Field Service Specialist will provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, training, troubleshooting, service/maintenance , and repair and support of complex equipment and systems on all levels (hardware and software). Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and identifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, or service. May promote the sale of service products.
Main tasks (primary responsibilities) of the position:
● Install, maintain, repair and support equipment on all levels (hardware, software and applications)
● Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers
● Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness
● Utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Spare Part & Service Manuals, ISI Notes, etc
● Assist in the development and maintenance of reference customers
● Assist in meeting/exceeding sales targets in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction
● Actively promote and sell Field Service products
● Give active feedback to Sales, Global Product Support and your team/management
● Manage effective available time and resources
● Provide cross-border/district/region support when required
● Positively represent QIAGEN in front of the customer, be a good example!
● Ability to lift ~50lb or 25kgs
● Will require work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories up to BSL3.
● On-time expense report completion and submission
● Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree, preferable Automation experience
● Preferable minimum of 2 years service and support experience in a comparable position within the after sales service business in the Life Science industry/markets, or equivalent experience repairing and maintaining instrumentation in the Life Science fields
● Previous experience in Biotech or Clinical lab environment is a plus
● Proven work experience in developing customer relationships
● Valid drivers license and Passport and willingness to travel, national and internationally
● Good written and verbal English language communication skills
● Good interpersonal skills
● Ability to work both independently and in a structured working environment
● Extensive travel required (up to 75%)
In addition to a High Performance Team culture, you'll enjoy:
•Pay for knowledge opportunities
•Annual incentive opportunities
•Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Prescription drug program
•401(k) with matching funds
•Paid Holidays / Vacation / Personal Time off
QIAGEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
please forward your resume to email@example.com
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of sample and assay technologies. Sample technologies are used to isolate and process DNA, RNA, and proteins from biological samples such as blood or tissue. Assay technologies are used to make such isolated biomolecules, such as the DNA of a specific virus, visible for subsequent analysis.
We have developed and market more than 500 sample and assay products as well as automated solutions for such consumables. The company provides these products to molecular diagnostics laboratories, academic researchers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and applied testing customers for purposes such as forensics, animal or food testing and pharmaceutical process control. QIAGEN's assay technologies include one of the broadest panels of molecular diagnostic tests available worldwide. This panel includes the digene HPV Test, which is regarded as a "gold standard" in testing for high-risk types of human papillomavirus (HPV), the primary cause of cervical cancer, as well as a broad suite of solutions for infectious disease testing and companion diagnostics.
As of December 31, 2011 QIAGEN employed nearly 3,900 people in over 35 locations worldwide.