Responsible for Applied Testing revenue generation and budget and targeted goals while building customer satisfaction.
• Drive revenue production from Applied Testing accounts currently in the QIAGEN database, and/or add to the customer database through customer networks and past experience. This includes especially the final stages of the sales process, as well as post-sales support towards customer implementation of the QIAGEN product.
• Work with the Applied Testing Sales Development Managers to implement business plans, and the regional sales team’s individual plans to build Applied Testing accounts.
• Drive the implementation and management of advanced solutions in Applied Testing markets including QIAGEN’s instrumentation, consumables and assay content. This will include customer consultation, technical training, and pre and post-sales application support.
• Provide technical seminars and presentations at regional and national Applied Testing market conferences/symposiums.
• Analyze areas for additional service offerings within current and future markets, escalate into the Applied Testing Business team.
Sales Revenue / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned service products and assigned business objectives. Support other specialists and representatives through successful business implementation, speeding revenue streams.
Strategy: Implementation of corporate strategy in defined key markets, especially testing related to Applied Testing market workflows. Execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop new business.
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent, graduate degree preferred
• MS or degree in forensics, veterinary sciences/animal health/medicine, food science a plus
• Coursework in Microbiology and/or bacteriology a plus
• The position will focus on genomics and immunoassay solutions for the Applied Testing markets.
• Preferable - Veterinary diagnostics sales (3+ years) or veterinary diagnostics laboratory management (5+ years) experience essential, 3+ years of relevant lab/application experience required.
• Applied Markets sales (3+ years), or Applied Markets Applications experience (5+ years) essential, laboratory management experience a plus.
• Excellent lab skills. Experience in implementing Applied Markets lab studies including design of experiments, product implementation, and sampling techniques.
• Excellent communication skills required for customer trainings and presentations.
• Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Technical experience with real-time PCR, sequencing, capillary electrophoresis, and microarray analysis. Past experience with QIAGEN products a plus
• Comfortable working with Software; QIAGEN or others related to market segments
• Knowledge of ISO standards a plus
Personal Requirements: Interpersonal skills:
• Able to work within the various sales members within QIAGEN (territory reps, inside sales, Sales Specialists, Sales Development Managers; and Service Solutions team).
• Ability to work with various levels of customer accounts; bench level, lab manager, technology experts, and organizational directors.
• Maintenance of key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
• Considered nationally as a key knowledge holder for specific markets or applications including; ability to relay these proprietary technologies to customers, Consortiums, Industry standards and/or Regulatory guideline.
• Contributes to Sales and Marketing product development including:
- Communicate with internal knowledge expects and marketing management
- Convey market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
• Identifies and analyses customer needs, requirements and concerns and ensures the delivery of products, services and solutions that enhance the value for the customer to maintain and expand customer relationships.
• Understands own and others’ roles and demonstrates commitment to team goals, understands and sustains the implications of own team output for the business. Builds and maintains a network of company-wide contacts to achieve business results.
• Proven experience in project management and complex sales, communicating with various support members; developing and sustaining cooperative working relationships within team and supports others recognizing collective responsibility for team output