Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Applied Testing Sales Specialist is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction while supporting and building customer relationships while advancing the adoption of proprietary/advanced technology products and services in the defined area of Applied Testing, including forensics, food testing, veterinary diagnostics and agriculture biotechnology. The candidate must have proven knowledge in one of the specialized area, be seen as a main knowledge holder within focus markets, and have a strong knowledge and/or past utilization of QIAGEN products. Candidates should be comfortable working at the lab bench as well as interactions with key decision makers. The position will also include network management, increasing customer satisfaction while increasing QIAGEN product usage in the lab, and assist in the dissemination of new/acquired technology. The Applied Testing Sales Specialist must have three or more years of specific application and/or sales application experience with an advanced degree preferred. He or she should be comfortable leading and working within teams, experienced at project management and successful communication at all levels of customers’ organizations.
Responsible for Applied Testing revenue generation and budget and targeted goals while building customer satisfaction.
• Drive revenue production from Applied Testing accounts currently in the QIAGEN database, and/or add to the customer database through customer networks and past experience. This includes especially the final stages of the sales process, as well as post-sales support towards customer implementation of the QIAGEN product.
• Work with the Applied Testing Sales Development Managers to implement business plans, and the regional sales team’s individual plans to build Applied Testing accounts.
• Drive the implementation and management of advanced solutions in Applied Testing markets including QIAGEN’s instrumentation, consumables and assay content. This will include customer consultation, technical training, and pre and post-sales application support.
• Provide technical seminars and presentations at regional and national Applied Testing market conferences/symposiums.
• Analyze areas for additional service offerings within current and future markets, escalate into the Applied Testing Business team.
Sales Revenue / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned service products and assigned business objectives. Support other specialists and representatives through successful business implementation, speeding revenue streams.
Strategy: Implementation of corporate strategy in defined key markets, especially testing related to Applied Testing market workflows. Execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop new business.
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
• Minimum of Bachelor of Science or equivalent, graduate degree preferred
• MS or degree in forensics, veterinary sciences/animal health/medicine, food science a plus
• Coursework in Microbiology and/or bacteriology a plus
• The position will focus on genomics and immunoassay solutions for the Applied Testing markets.
• Preferable - Veterinary diagnostics sales (3+ years) or veterinary diagnostics laboratory management (5+ years) experience essential, 3+ years of relevant lab/application experience required.
• Applied Markets sales (3+ years), or Applied Markets Applications experience (5+ years) essential, laboratory management experience a plus.
• Excellent lab skills. Experience in implementing Applied Markets lab studies including design of experiments, product implementation, and sampling techniques.
• Excellent communication skills required for customer trainings and presentations.
• Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Technical experience with real-time PCR, sequencing, capillary electrophoresis, and microarray analysis. Past experience with QIAGEN products a plus
• Comfortable working with Software; QIAGEN or others related to market segments
• Knowledge of ISO standards a plus
Personal Requirements: Interpersonal skills:
• Able to work within the various sales members within QIAGEN (territory reps, inside sales, Sales Specialists, Sales Development Managers; and Service Solutions team).
• Ability to work with various levels of customer accounts; bench level, lab manager, technology experts, and organizational directors.
• Maintenance of key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
• Considered nationally as a key knowledge holder for specific markets or applications including; ability to relay these proprietary technologies to customers, Consortiums, Industry standards and/or Regulatory guideline.
• Contributes to Sales and Marketing product development including:
- Communicate with internal knowledge expects and marketing management
- Convey market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
• Identifies and analyses customer needs, requirements and concerns and ensures the delivery of products, services and solutions that enhance the value for the customer to maintain and expand customer relationships.
• Understands own and others’ roles and demonstrates commitment to team goals, understands and sustains the implications of own team output for the business. Builds and maintains a network of company-wide contacts to achieve business results.
• Proven experience in project management and complex sales, communicating with various support members; developing and sustaining cooperative working relationships within team and supports others recognizing collective responsibility for team output
send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of sample and assay technologies. Sample technologies are used to isolate and process DNA, RNA, and proteins from biological samples such as blood or tissue. Assay technologies are used to make such isolated biomolecules, such as the DNA of a specific virus, visible for subsequent analysis.
We have developed and market more than 500 sample and assay products as well as automated solutions for such consumables. The company provides these products to molecular diagnostics laboratories, academic researchers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and applied testing customers for purposes such as forensics, animal or food testing and pharmaceutical process control. QIAGEN's assay technologies include one of the broadest panels of molecular diagnostic tests available worldwide. This panel includes the digene HPV Test, which is regarded as a "gold standard" in testing for high-risk types of human papillomavirus (HPV), the primary cause of cervical cancer, as well as a broad suite of solutions for infectious disease testing and companion diagnostics.
As of December 31, 2011 QIAGEN employed nearly 3,900 people in over 35 locations worldwide.