Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is CLIA-certified specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Scientists at Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine use advanced analysis tools to develop and perform clinical diagnostic tests. Our employees are the building blocks of our success and are rewarded with excellent compensation and benefits including equity in an exciting environment. Learn more about the Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine and see what we have to offer.
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Genetic Counselor who will serve as a clinical resource for Health Care Professionals (HCP) as well as patients by communicating key scientific and clinical information as it relates to laboratory testing. They will also work to define strategies that support and enhance the customer service department’s response to inquiries regarding Sequenom laboratory developed tests (LDT).
• Respond to HCP and patient requests for information about Sequenom’s LDTS to include general information about the tests, how they work, who they are intended for, test performance, and laboratory processes and expectations.
• Provide educational support about LDTs through training of customer service staff, including customer service representatives
• Interact primarily with HCPs and patients to ensure that all questions about the test are addressed while following appropriate compliance and regulatory requirements
• Meet customers’ requirements through first contact resolution, confirms customer issues and understanding of the solution and provides additional customer education, as needed
• Communicate effectively with SCMM individuals/teams to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests
• Contribute ideas to improve customer satisfaction, productivity and business performance
• Provide administrative support for medical record management, CRM data maintenance, and internal records to assure HIPAA compliance
• Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling as well as Board Certification.
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical genetic counseling experience required.
• Prenatal genetic counseling experience required.
• Experience in other areas of genetic counseling such as ophthalmology and oncology is desired.
• Experience with phone triage/counseling activities is required.
• Basic computer and data entry experience required.
• Familiarity with key aspects of a broad range of genetic counseling and a working knowledge of molecular diagnostic technologies.
• Ability to review clinical literature, including disease state information and target product specifications.
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs