Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS)
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing assay validation, CLIA testing and reporting test results. Will be responsible for performing technical and scientific processes and procedures in a high complexity genetic testing CLIA certified laboratory under the supervision of the Medical Director or Designee. He/She will perform high complexity laboratory tests according to approved policies and procedures for all phases of testing; pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic, as well as general laboratory systems. This position will also perform troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration of instrumentation and equipment used to perform the testing.
Duties will include:
• Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
• Analyzes test results and enters findings in computer.
• Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
• Engages in medical research under direction of Laboratory Medical Director.
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
• Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
• Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
• The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in the chemical, physical or biological sciences and at least three years of related experience in a clinical setting.
• Knowledge of molecular biology and/or medical genetics is required.
• A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License required. American Society for Clinical (ASCP) preferred. He/She must meet the requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42 CFR, part 493).
• Experience in qPCR is essential and experience with NGS is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Internet Applications.
• Must be professional and ability to work well under pressure and time frames. Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter and dynamic team player who possesses a strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written skills.
Resumes can be sent directly to Human Resources at email@example.com