AKESOgen, Inc. is a biobanking and genetics/genomics service CRO that caters to Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Government and Academic Sectors. The company is now looking for an experienced Laboratory Scientist to play a key role within the company’s laboratories. The main elements of the role include:
Under minimal supervision, independently performs a wide range of highly technical and complex research and laboratory tests and procedures including biobanking and sample management, DNA/RNA extraction, expression, methylation, genotyping and sequencing. Devises highly specialized research procedures by applying knowledge of advanced research techniques and equipment. Provides input to protocol development. Serves as a technical resource for other research personnel. Analyzes and interprets the results of studies. Investigates and recommends alternative approaches to improve the quality of results. Trains research staff in specialized procedures and theoretical concepts for unique tests. Recommends new equipment and supplies needed for specialized procedures. Review literature for related research developments and techniques. Prepares written materials, charts and graphs on specialized techniques and research results for publication or presentation. Monitors quality assurance of projects performed by others. Monitors the handling, storage and disposal of hazardous substances. Performs related responsibilities as required. Reports in to the Laboratory Manager/Director. Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
Experienced molecular laboratory scientist to assist the Laboratory Manager/Director in laboratory work.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Competencies:
1. A team player helping to construct, implement, and manage multiple experiments.
2. A key technical contributor as well as a key project manager
3. Ability to lead high value projects
4. Run automated Nucleic Acid instrumentation, real time PCR, DNA/RNA isolation and quantification equipment, liquid handling automation and other laboratory equipment including genetic/genomic scanners and associated analyses.
5. Proven leadership of projects and staff desirable
6. Is trained in biobanking and genetic sample management.
7. Maintains a clean, safe, and organized lab.
8. Understanding and following CLIA guidelines.
9. Maintain instrumentation and the appropriate documentation for each instrument and follow Standard Operating Procedures for each project.
10. Demonstrates a high level of ethics in all aspects of professional practice.
11. High level in problem solving skills as well as in new study design and development of good experimentation methods.
12. Is capable in data organization and analysis.