Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
- Identifies, evaluates, and pursues strategic alliances with pharmaceutical and biotech partners resulting from the Institute's Global Stem Cell Array and related research.
- Develops, structures, and negotiates appropriate business arrangements with these strategic partners, including marketing and sponsorship partnerships, licensing arrangements, joint ventures, and other relevant arrangements.
- Oversees and manages related technology transfer, patents, contracts and intellectual property.
- Oversees the plan and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy including responsibility for the preparation of marketing materials for presentations, professional meetings, seminars and conferences as needed to achieve above business development objectives.
- Collaborates closely with NYSCF's CEO, CFO, scientific team, scientific advisors, patent attorneys, and other members of NYSCF's senior team.
- Executes goals, communicates progress and tracks results with input from NYSCF's leadership.
- JD and/or MBA with PhD and extensive knowledge of related IP, preferred.
- A minimum of ten years business development experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience required with regenerative medicine/stem cells.
- Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and negotiating and completing agreements.
- Extensive contacts in the pharmaceutical/biotech field relevant to drug licensing.
- Strong business acumen and scientific understanding, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive and produce results in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Please send a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: Director of Business Development in the title. NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF), a nonprofit biotech whose mission is to accelerate treatments and cures for major diseases through stem cell research, is an acknowledged world leader in stem cell research. The NYSCF Research Institute, its in house laboratory and research accelerator, has grown quickly to include 40 laboratory researchers. The objective of the Director of Business Development, a new position, will be to expand NYSCF’s impact through collaborations and commercialization of the Institute’s research to accelerate treatments and cures for disease.