At VGTI Florida, we are committed to discovering innovative therapies and vaccines to improve human health. It is ultimately the talent of the individuals we recruit that determines our success and our state-of-the-art technologies and resources that enable individuals to realize this success. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in research. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits but also work in an environment noted for community involvement, intellectual excitement, and natural beauty.
The Genomics Core within the Collaborative Genomics Center (CGC) at VGTI Florida provides services that include whole genome microarray analysis, sequencing based assays for sequencing genomic DNA, mRNA, microRNA, or ChiP, and gene validation.
Working under the supervision of the director of the VGTI Florida Collaborative Genomics Center (CGC), the Research Assistant will utilize general molecular biology skills to perform routine, standard operating protocol-based laboratory research techniques and procedures. The Research Assistant will also communicate directly with internal and external CGC clients to facilitate engagement of the CGC and completion of projects.
• Perform RNA isolation from tissue, cell and blood samples,
• RNA amplification and labeling for microarray hybridization
• Quality control assays, and real time PCR.
• Communicate directly with internal and external CGC scientists, as well as their administrative offices, to promote and administer engagement of the CGC, assay completion, and data return
• Assistance with experimental design, quoting, sample annotation, milestone generation, and coordination of data analysis.