Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Under general direction, the Scientist develops algorithms for analyzing mass spectra and implements them under design controls in software appropriate for release to customers. The algorithms may include spectrum pre-processing, peak detection, peak quantification, peak statistical evaluation, spectrum calibration, and data modeling. The position will also maintain and develop software for designing DNA/RNA assays suitable for mass spectrometry analysis.
• Research and develop data analysis algorithms of mass spectra for molecular biology applications
• Work with biologists and software developers while coding algorithms for release to customers
• Create and implement feasibility plans and report on the results
• Under design controls, write, execute, and support generation of test plans and test reports
• Under design controls, document work in acceptable form such as memos, laboratory notebook, study reports, and summary reports
• Perform statistical and bioinformatics analyses of experimental data produced by MALDI-TOF MS, qPCR, and sequencing instruments
• Maintain familiarity with relevant scientific developments
• Create work product on schedule with occasional oversight