As a member of Cepheid's Software Engineering Department, the Software Development Test Engineer will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols, as well as implementing automated unit test cases. They will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The Software Development Test Engineer will directly resolve relatively contained bugs, and be able to troubleshoot and analyze more complex issues prior to escalating to Software Engineers. The Software Development Test Technician will help deliver high quality software to our internal and external customers who will use Cepheid's molecular diagnostics instruments.
- Design, develop, and execute automated, semi-automated, and manual unit test cases, according to test case definitions documents. Tests will include both black-box and white-box test cases.
- Participate in test case coverage and test case design reviews.
- Gather and document test case requirements.
- Write and review manual test procedures.
- Investigate incoming bug reports prior to escalating to Software Engineers. Develop and test fixes for smaller bugs, and provide analysis based on data collection and code debugging for issues that must be escalated.
- Work collaboratively with Software Engineers, SW QA and technical support teams.
- Associate degree in a technical discipline required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of software testing experience, completing several major projects with multiple release cycles.
- Academic or professional software development experience required with a strong preference for Java. Experience with software development tools is strongly desired (e.g. Source Control tools, IDE, defect tracking systems)
- SQL database experience is required.
- Experience with automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit) and/or automated UI test scripting desired.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills, as well as a dedication to software quality.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE