Join a growing, high-performance team as we develop software used by hospitals and clinical laboratories to improve patient treatment across the world. Cepheid is an on-demand molecular diagnostics company that develops, manufactures, and markets fully-integrated systems and tests for genetic analysis in the clinical, industrial and biothreat markets. Our systems enable rapid, sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases by automating otherwise complex manual laboratory procedures.
As a Senior Software Engineer, and a member of the Software Engineering team, you will work on medical diagnostic applications predominantly in the Java. You will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for a well-rounded, collaborative, creative software engineer with a knack for problem solving, a strong sense of software design and solid coding skills. You should be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
- You will prototype, design, implement and maintain software applications.
- You will be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products and in-house research.
- You may be involved with GUI development, back-end middle tier layer, mathematical data analysis, and data storage.
- You will work collaboratively in cross-functional project teams with other engineers, scientists, services, and technical support teams.
- You must work well in a team environment, as well as with internal and external customers.
- You will adhere and work with the team to continually optimizing the software development process.
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 8 years of working experience in Core Java
- Experience designing and developing middle-tier business logic and services
- Solid understanding of concurrency, data structures, and data caching techniques
- Exceptional Java object oriented design and programming skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
- Exceptional debugging and profiling skills
- Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs
- Desire to constantly improve existing systems and methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple, time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to fluidly shift focus and priorities based on changing business needs
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, responsible and flexible
- Ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues and design to the peers
- Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements
- Experience with developing and maintaining software requirements and software design documentation
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE