Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The CNAG operates a park of twelve second generation DNA sequencers supported by an extensive informatics infrastructure. It is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe.
The CNAG is actively involved in collaborative research projects on a number of specific topics: Disease Gene Identification, Cancer Genomics, Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Model Organism Genomics and Synthetic Biology Genomics of Model Organisms. In addition, we participate in several consortia of networked projects such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium, the International Human Epigenome Consortium and the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium and EU-funded projects such as AIRPROM, SYBARIS, ESGI, BLUEPRINT, RD-Connect and IBD-Character.
We are seeking a Production Technician. The successful candidate will work closely with the Production Manager.
- Preparation of samples for sequencing
- Operation of 2nd generation sequencers
- Management of stocks
- Tracking of projects
- Experience with the current generation of DNA sequencing technology
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Able to work very reliably, independently and as part of a team
- Competence with computer and common software packages
- Ability to understand and speak English
A cover letter and a full CV including contact details should be sent before 21st of April 2013 to email@example.com
Interviews will start immediately