Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Director, Global Strategy for Breast/Colon (GSBC) is a critical role in the Global Strategy organization that has a significant impact on products at all stages of the product lifecycle. The GSBC Director is the global brand leader and is responsible for maximizing the value of assets and developing successful global brands and franchises by providing commercial guidance on development stage assets, developing and implementing global launch strategies, optimizing the impact of marketing budgets, managing the lifecycle of marketed products and supporting business development's efforts to license and acquire external assets.
The GSBC position is complex and demanding, and will require a strong commercial executive with excellent marketing capabilities, strong analytical skills, superior cross-functional collaboration skills, the ability to operate globally and locally, and highly effective influencing skills.
- Optimize and drive asset strategies to maximize their commercial value based on insights and
- knowledge of the market and customers. Guide products through the commercialization process and provide commercial leadership throughout the product lifecycle; ensure products address unmet medical needs and are commercially viable.
- Develop an integrated global business plan that maximizes WW product adoption, penetration
- and revenue growth over a 10 year period for our development programs. This includes understanding key WW market trends, barriers to adoption, competition, and the evolving reimbursement landscape.
- Partner with R&D, global access and regional operations to achieve and communicate a
- common commercial vision, and develop and implement a winning commercial strategy.
- Provide objective, data-driven recommendations regarding program priorities,
- improvements and solutions, strategies, and resource allocation.
- Build relationships with colleagues in key functions around the world to ensure robust collaboration, effective cross functional coordination, strong global alignment and consistency in all commercial activities and programs.
- Work with Business Development and other relevant functions to develop an optimal
- business development strategy and provide commercial expertise to support licensing and acquisition activities.
- A best-in-class marketer with experience developing and implementing innovative global
- marketing and commercial strategies for pipeline products, successfully launching therapeutic products and repositioning products to maximize commercial value.
- Extensive experience in financial & strategic analysis; Experience supporting product
- licensing and acquisition transactions.
- Has contributed commercial expertise in
- evaluating internal assets and prioritizing external opportunities.
- Has supported transactions by conducting due diligence, evaluating market dynamics, contributing modeling assumptions, and assisting with valuation
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in marketing or new
- product planning with a strong track record of success and accessible
- references. Experience in oncology is a significant benefit.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD, RN, PharmD)
- Commercial Acumen.
- Exceptional commercial acumen and instincts; superior strategic marketing
- A strong command of classic and innovative marketing disciplines and techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the external environment, internal capabilities, competitors and the interests of other stakeholders.
- Develops and applies best practices.
- Strategic Mindset.
- Demonstrated creativity in addressing strategic challenges; displays
- high intellectual curiosity and passion for learning; thinks out-of-the-box; asks the right questions; seeks expert opinions and insights; applies innovative ideas and takes measured risks.
- Develops and articulates a strong, value-based strategy.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross
- functionally, builds alignment around key objectives and exercises influence at all levels.
- Readily builds consensus and achieves agreement on key priorities.
- Conducts effective meetings.
- Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback; employs frequent and effective follow-up.
- Presentation Skills.
- Develops and delivers concise, relevant and well-supported briefings.
- Well-prepared and adapts presentation style to audience.
- Possesses the knowledge,
- credibility and maturity to influence senior management.
- Integrity. Possesses unquestioned integrity and strong business ethics.
- Leads by example and demonstrates a strong commitment to company values and culture.
- Displays a positive attitude and energizes colleagues and partners.
- Has the reputation and record of achievement to establish trust and credibility with subordinates, peers, superiors, corporate leaders, strategic partners and other stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE