Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Health, dental, vision insurance. Daily catered meals.
Science Exchange is looking for experienced, passionate, and motivated engineers to join our team. We are currently sitting at 6 members, meaning that every decision you make, every line of code you write, will have an immediate impact.
We take our code seriously, current technologies include imgix, asset pipeline, node.js, solr, rails 3.2, memcache, and redis to name a few. There is no red tape, if something can help make part of the site better, faster, prettier -- ship it.
Positions we're looking to fill:
* Software Engineer (https://www.scienceexchange.com/jobs/software-engineer):
- Deep understanding of Ruby on Rails;
- Experience working with SOA (Service-oriented architecture) a huge plus
* Systems Engineer (https://www.scienceexchange.com/jobs/systems-engineer):
- Looking for someone who loves being knee deep in terminal windows.
- Very comfortable with Python, bash, and/or other scripting languages
- Heroku? No, we said we need a systems engineer.
* Front-end Engineer (https://www.scienceexchange.com/jobs/front-end-engineer):
- Node.js, Backbone (or the likes), a huge bonus.
Please apply at www.scienceexchange.com/jobs.
No recruiters or agencies please.
Science Exchange is a venture backed (Andreessen Horowitz, Crosslink, and Y Combinator) start-up whose is revolutionizing the way the world does science. Tagged by Nature Magazine as the 'eBay of Science', Science Exchange is a fast-growing community marketplace that provides efficient access to the world's scientific expertise.
We've got a broad and meaningful vision and because we're still a small team, you'll be making a major contribution to the fulfillment of that vision from the moment you start. You'll also be joining a group of passionate and talented teammates who have great fun working together.