Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Oligo Manufacturing Chemist is responsible for the production of synthetic oligonucleotides under a cGMP environment for use in Cepheid in-vitro diagnostic products. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of oligonucleotide chemistry and equipment.
- Operation of automated synthesis equipment and HPLC systems.
- Processing oligonucleotides, deprotection, conjugation, lyophilization, and quantitation.
- Work on process optimization, and scale up production.
- Additional responsibilities also include solution preparation and in-process analytical techniques.
- Performance of validation and maintenance activities of specialized production equipment.
- Ensure and adhere to GMP compliance and maintain a clean/ traceable work environment.
- BS degree with a minimum of 5 years industry experience or MS degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in a chemistry or biochemistry position, or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform on this level.
- Strong synthetic chemistry knowledge.
- Ability to follow established SOPs, worksheets.
- Knowledge of HPLC equipment.
- Ability to work under GMP guidelines and maintain a clean working environment.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal communication skillsnts.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE