The Next Generation Sequencing Unit at the Central Analytical Facilities (CAF) is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to join the NGS team and expand the Bioinformatics capacity.
The successful candidate will initially mainly be involved in analysis of data relevant to two projects in the Agri Biotech field.
• The first project will generate genomic NGS data for 4 fungal races of the same species. The genomes have to be assembled and annotated. Comparative analysis between the four races will be part of the project in collaboration with the client.
• The second project entails transcriptome sequencing of wheat. RNA-seq data will be analyzed and differentially expressed genes be identified for our international collaborator
The candidate might also be requested to get involved in other projects running at CAF.
Successful applicants will be subject to University policies and procedures.
Commencement of duties: As soon as possible
Remuneration: A bursary will be available – value depends on experience of successful candidate
Closing date: 7 April 2013
• Postdoctoral fellows do not hold posts or positions; neither do they enter into an employment contract with the University.
• They receive a fellowship in order to conduct research, and do not receive a salary or remuneration for contract research or teaching.
• Their bursaries are paid out via the bursary system and not Human Resources.
• They are not part of the teaching staff of the university, neither are they contract researchers.
• They are not postgraduate students
Send a letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, including list of publications and the names and contact details of at least two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should request their referees to forward confidential reports by the closing date direct to the same address.