Life Technologies currently has a vacancy for an experienced project manager to work on a “global first” project in Saudi Arabia. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Life Technologies in the Middle East.
Project Manager, Enterprise Solutions
Preferred location is Riyadh
The Project Manager, Enterprise Solutions, Life Technologies is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, design, execution, and delivery of all project goals and deliverables according to predetermined timelines and budgets. The Enterprise Solutions Group, Life Technologies, is a leading global Genomics Medicine Enterprise Services provider, with numerous large-scale infrastructure and scientific projects globally. Central to this position are building and managing project teams, reporting to the relevant internal and client stakeholders, and ensuring quality control through the project life cycles.
Responsible for the following activities:
· Manage project development from initiation to delivery and support.
· Creates, revises, and executes work plans to meet changing needs and requirements, including full-scale project plans, strategic plans, and action plans.
· Identify resources needed, and assigns and tracks individual responsibilities, including budgeting, deliverables, and timelines.
· Ensures that project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· Prepares stakeholder reviews and quality assurance, including milestones and scope changes, presenting both problems and solutions.
· Effectively applies tools and best practices for project management, and utilizes appropriate software and methodology to enforce project standards and delivery timelines.
· Proactively keeps project team well informed of the current status, including any changes, and implements any changes and interventions to achieve project deliverables.
· Inspires and motivate coworkers and the team to attain goals and pursue excellence.
· Key competency in problem solving, planning and organization, communication, delegation and teamwork, conflict management, adaptability, and stress tolerance.
· Extreme obsession with organizational detail, planning, and process.
Supply Chain Responsibilities
· Manage supplier relationships
· Monitors and manages vendor and product performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
· Knowledge & experience of supply chain programs (Consignment (PAC), JIT, VMI, etc is beneficial.) and ability to manage project execution of these programs
· Strong knowledge & experience of procurement processes and supplier management
· Understand purchasing policies and procedures
· Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting)
· Understanding procedures and requirements and change control (FDA, GMP, etc.) is a PLUS
· Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and supplies from vendors
· Comprehensive MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment
· Effectively process expense and blanket purchase orders: negotiate delivery, terms and conditions and pricing, and expedite/follow through on receipt and payment.
· Communicates effectively with vendors and management of accounts, problem solve challenges and issues.
· Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions and execute if applicable
· Experience in Invoice reconciliation and inventory management
· Manage purchasing performance metrics: purchase price variance, on-time delivery