Life Technologies currently has a vacancy for an experienced molecular biologist with a background in Bioinformatics. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Life Technologies in Italy.
Field Applications Scientist - Bioinformatics
Language requirements: Italian / English
Please submit applications in English
This role can be based anywhere in Italy (close to transport links)
The Field Application Scientist for Bioinformatics applies knowledge of scientific principles, products, concepts and practices to support a variety of customer inquiries in conjunction with Life Technologies Next Generation Sequencing products. They are responsible for providing phone, E-mail and face-to-face pre- and post-sales technical support and training to external customers and internal field personnel as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
· Provide technical bioinformatics support for Life Technologies NGS instruments, related hardware and software products and services by answering customer technical inquiries in a timely manner. Inquiries will be received via phone, email, or during customer visits.
· Provide customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources.
· Escalate issues or problems when warranted.
· Participate in training, both new product and continuing education to remain at the edge of scientific knowledge.
· Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system.
· Perform NGS data analysis.
· Provide content for customer training material.
· Participate in pre-sales meetings such as customer visits, workshops or by giving webinars.
· Support the FSE teams during install and maintenance of NGS instruments.
· Present technical updates and contribute to department meetings.
· Lead company, departmental, and individual projects.
· Acts as a Scientific Point of Contact (SPOC) and technical expert for the team on an assigned focus area.
· Proactively contributes to the strategic development of software, documentation and training products.
· Often leads process improvement initiatives.
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.