Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) in Selangor, Malaysia (located approximately 25 minutes from downtown Kuala Lumpur), seeks to fill a full-time, staff position as a Data Analyst. This position will be part of the PUGSOM Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR). The mission of the PUGSOM CCTR is to accelerate the translation of biomedical research to clinical and public health practice in Malaysia by facilitating interactive collaboration across disciplines in key health priority areas.
• Assist with the development of objectives, design sampling, and data collection procedures to achieve study objectives
• Analyze data and prepare tables for final reports and manuscripts
• Design tables and statistical procedures for specific research studies
• Collaborate with other research personnel, including programmers and other analysts, in monitoring and assessing data quality
• Write the statistical analysis and results sections of reports and publications.
The successful applicant must possess a B.S. or M.S. degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics, preferably with epidemiologic research experience. The candidate will be expected to work with research faculty and staff to assume primary responsibility for the management, analysis, and presentation of project data. The candidate will work under the administrative guidance of faculty principal investigators and the Senior Research Coordinator. The CCTR will work closely with faculty and staff from the Johns Hopkins University. Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English.
Skills and competencies:
• Knowledge of statistics and statistical software packages (SAS, STATA, and/or R) and willingness to become proficient at other statistical software packages as needed
• Good analytical skills
• Knowledge of database management software
• Excellence in problem solving skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae (as a single PDF) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of material is April 15th, 2013. Short-listed candidates will then be asked to submit letters of recommendation and copies of recent publications.
Perdana University is a private university established in 2011 as part of the Public-Private Partnership Unit in the Prime Minister’s Department (UKAS). Its establishment is in line with the Ministry of Higher Education’s (MOHE) National Higher Education Strategic Plan on the development of first-class human capital in an environment that results in individuals finding and fully achieving their personal potential. The University is currently offering two medical programmes, PU-RCSI is an undergraduate program and PUGSOM is a graduate entry medical program in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM). PUGSOM is built on the tripartite mission of education, research, and clinical care, and aims to provide an environment to conduct high quality, translational research with a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches consistent with the Genes to Society model of human health. Modeled after Johns Hopkins, the University will operate in connection with Perdana University Hospital, a planned multi-specialty teaching hospital, that will enable efficient translation of research into practical clinical applications – taking knowledge rapidly from “bench to bedside.” For more information visit: http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/pugsom.