Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
At VGTI Florida, we are committed to discovering innovative therapies and vaccines to improve human health. It is ultimately the talent of the individuals we recruit that determines our success and our state-of-the-art technologies and resources that enable individuals to realize this success. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in research. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits but also work in an environment noted for community involvement, intellectual excitement, and natural beauty.
The Genomics Core within the Collaborative Genomics Center (CGC) at VGTI Florida provides services that include whole genome microarray analysis, sequencing based assays for sequencing genomic DNA, mRNA, microRNA, or ChiP, and gene validation.
Working under the supervision of the director of the VGTI Florida Collaborative Genomics Center (CGC), the Research Assistant will utilize general molecular biology skills to perform routine, standard operating protocol-based laboratory research techniques and procedures. The Research Assistant will also communicate directly with internal and external CGC clients to facilitate engagement of the CGC and completion of projects.
• Perform RNA isolation from tissue, cell and blood samples,
• RNA amplification and labeling for microarray hybridization
• Quality control assays, and real time PCR.
• Communicate directly with internal and external CGC scientists, as well as their administrative offices, to promote and administer engagement of the CGC, assay completion, and data return
• Assistance with experimental design, quoting, sample annotation, milestone generation, and coordination of data analysis.
• Minimum 6 months relevant experience
• Strong molecular biology experience, including RNA isolation and PCR techniques
• Knowledge or experience with genomics techniques such as microarray assays and next generation sequencing
• Strong problem-solving skills excellent interpersonal/team skills excellent verbal and written communications
• Bachelor of Science in Biology/life sciences or related field
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here:
VGTI Florida is an EEO/AAP Institution committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
The emphasis of VGTI Florida is on translation of original laboratory discoveries into innovative clinical treatments to improve human health. VGTI Florida is one of the internationally acclaimed research institutes invited to locate to Florida as part of a State-sponsored initiative to enhance biomedical research in Florida. Our research scientists enjoy outstanding benefits and salary with no state income tax, an intellectually stimulating work environment with new laboratories, high quality of life in affordable housing, and natural beauty of the sunny Atlantic coast of Florida.
VGTI Florida occupies a new 100,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art and LEED gold certified research building in Port St. Lucie just north of Palm Beach. Cutting-edge shared cores include Genomics, Flow Cytometry, Bioinformatics, and BSL3/ABSL3 containment facilities. VGTI Florida is ideally located in a Biotech cluster than includes many other top research institutes within a short driving distance. These include Scripps Research Institute of Florida, Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies, and the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience, among others. VGTI Florida also has ongoing basic, translational and clinical collaborations with the University of Miami, Moffitt Cancer Center, and the Martin Health Systems.
For more information, please visit www.vgtifl.org