Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As a Scientist at Illumina Diagnostics department, you will participate in the development of highly sensitive and quantitative genomic technologies for genetic, epigenetic and expression profiling, especially assays that can be applied to medical specimens such and blood, archived tissue samples and circulating tumor cells.
Primary responsibilities will include development, testing and optimization of second-generation sequencing and microarray protocols, troubleshooting and data analysis, writing protocols and reports, and participation in molecular diagnostic product development.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Develop new technologies and assays on second-generation sequencing and microarray platforms.
• Identify creative solutions to overcome current technology limitations.
• Design, conduct, analyze, and troubleshoot high-throughput sequencing and microarray experiments.
• Analyze large complex data sets.
• Interface with various departments as part of product development teams.
• Write protocols and reports; present results and project assessments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. in genomics, genetics, molecular biology or biochemistry with 5+ years of working experience in biological assay development in an academic or industrial laboratory.
• Experience in a wide-variety of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including DNA and RNA purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization, etc.
• Solid understanding of DNA and RNA enzymology including polymerases, nucleases, modification enzymes, etc.
• Experience with second-generation sequencing technologies highly desired.
• Experience with developing IVD products highly desired.
• Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting, and data analysis; shows potential for technical proficiency and scientific creativity.
• Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, takes initiative, and self-motivated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Highly motivated, independent yet enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please Apply Here: https://www.illumina.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExtern...