Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will serve as a scientific ambassador for Illumina’s clinical diagnostic products. The MSL will frequently interface with contacts outside the company, including practicing physicians, clinical researchers, subject-matter experts (SMEs), professional medical organizations, advisory boards, and health insurers/payers. This individual will also work with the Marketing, Sales, HQ Medical Affairs, and Clinical Development functions at Illumina as appropriate. The position will require >70% travel. The MSL’s home base should be within driving distance of a major airport, allowing for easy travel to East Coast and Midwest locations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Disseminate and deliver clinical-scientific information (e.g., presentations, abstracts, publications), ensuring clinical-scientific accuracy and fair balance in a wide variety of settings including hospitals, scientific meetings, and 1:1;
Facilitate peer-to-peer exchanges of clinical-scientific information with clinicians and researchers;
Establish and maintain long-term/strategic relationships with professional organizations, research institutions, and subject-matter experts (SMEs) within region;
Support the delivery and deployment of educational programs, including CME programs within region;
Provide clinical-scientific expertise and effectively educate varied audiences (e.g., presentations, abstracts, opinion papers) pertaining Illumina’s clinical genetic diagnostic technology at internal and external events within region;
Gather competitive intelligence from the field and stay abreast of external developments pertaining to current and potential clinical applications of the company’s technologies and transmit new information promptly to HQ;
Support Medical advisory boards and clinical speaker bureaus within region; support company-sponsored post-marketing clinical studies in region while adhering to GCP guidelines;
Support training efforts for field personnel in region (e.g., of Sales and Marketing) pertaining to clinical applications of the Company’s products;
Transmit clinical-scientific inquiries from external parties to HQ and interface with SMEs and internal Medical Affairs personnel to drive response and address inquiries;
Support the investigation and response to clinical safety issues identified in the field for the company’s marketed products by providing clinical-scientific expertise as needed;
Develop understanding and operate in full compliance of guidelines and procedures governing Medical Affairs activities as well as applicable legal, regulatory/FDA, and ethical requirements;
• Doctoral-level degree in the Life Sciences (PhD, DPhil, MD, or DO) required; graduate or post-graduate specialization in Medical Genetics preferred.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• Minimum 2 years of functional experience as a Medical Science Liaison highly preferred; similar experience in industry (ideally in a Clinical function) will be considered.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
• Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Ability to reflect positive attitude and a sound work ethic
• Ability to work in a team; a strong team player
• Ability to also work independently; a self-starter
• Ability to quickly absorb new and complex knowledge
• Ability to work with office automation programs and corporate database tools
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please Apply Here: https://www.illumina.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExtern...