The main purpose of the position is to analyze high-throughput experimental data and extract knowledge to achieve the goals of PMI R&D strategies. In particular this includes analysis and annotation of data generated through high-throughput sequencing of plant, animal and human genomes, epigenomes and transcriptomes. The successful candidate will work closely with experimental scientists to provide support for their data analysis needs.
Specifically, you will:
• Develop and implement bioinformatics models and algorithms to advance the Systems Biology initiatives and to support the discovery of biological information strategically important to PMI R&D.
• Implement state of the art approaches to bioinformatics data management and high-throughput analysis for research and development projects so that they meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Integrate the “omics” data and text mining information to create information-rich metabolic and gene networks.
• Provide expertise in the development of bioinformatics data modeling standards and systems that can be implemented across research and development studies and projects.
• Work interactively with experimental scientists to implement web interfaces that will enable scientists to speed up the discovery of relevant gene targets and pathways in support of PMI R&D strategies.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will benefit from our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment. You will have the opportunity to interact with people having different levels of experience and expertise across the company. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself by participating to internal and/or external learning programs tailored to your individual needs.