Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The main purpose of the position is to analyze high-throughput experimental data and extract knowledge to achieve the goals of PMI R&D strategies. In particular this includes analysis and annotation of data generated through high-throughput sequencing of plant, animal and human genomes, epigenomes and transcriptomes. The successful candidate will work closely with experimental scientists to provide support for their data analysis needs.
Specifically, you will:
• Develop and implement bioinformatics models and algorithms to advance the Systems Biology initiatives and to support the discovery of biological information strategically important to PMI R&D.
• Implement state of the art approaches to bioinformatics data management and high-throughput analysis for research and development projects so that they meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Integrate the “omics” data and text mining information to create information-rich metabolic and gene networks.
• Provide expertise in the development of bioinformatics data modeling standards and systems that can be implemented across research and development studies and projects.
• Work interactively with experimental scientists to implement web interfaces that will enable scientists to speed up the discovery of relevant gene targets and pathways in support of PMI R&D strategies.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will benefit from our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment. You will have the opportunity to interact with people having different levels of experience and expertise across the company. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself by participating to internal and/or external learning programs tailored to your individual needs.
• You hold a PhD degree in Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Biology or related field with demonstrated experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data. Experience with multidisciplinary research is an asset.
• You have significant expertise with standard bioinformatics applications (alignment, mapping, gene prediction etc.),large biological databases (GenBank, UniProt, etc) and management of large heterogeneous datasets.
• You are very comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment. DBMS (Oracle/MySQL) or High Performance Cluster experience is an asset
• You have very good scripting skills in Perl/Python languages. Skills in R programming is a plus.
• You demonstrate ability to manage simultaneous projects and to interact well with others irrespective of function or level.
• You are scientifically creative, passionate for discovery and achievement oriented.
• You are fluent in English
WHO WE ARE
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets. In 2012, the company held an estimated 16.3% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.8% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, see http://www.pmi.com/.
Want to discover your potential? Come join our team!
If you match our profile and you are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals, please apply online at http://www.pmicareers.com/
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.