The Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) is a non‐profit biomedical research institute based in Phoenix, Arizona, focused on research that can help patients with cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and other debilitating conditions. Working with a worldwide network of collaborators in the scientific and medical communities, TGen researchers study the genetic components of both common and complex diseases. Through genomic analysis, we learn how DNA, genes and proteins – the microscopic building block of life – can affect human health. Our 41 lead investigators and nearly 300 support personnel at sites in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Flagstaff, Arizona, are dedicated to improving patient care and quality of life through precision medicine, best defined as the right therapy, for the right patient, at the right time.
Brief Posting Description
The purpose of this position is to perform all duties related to experiment design and execution, data analysis, general laboratory responsibilities, and assisting/mentoring colleagues and/or interns. These procedures allow for a laboratory functioning efficiently to produce quality data that will translate into publications and most importantly advances in the clinic.
• Experiment design, execution and data analysis
• Training of other junior or new staff members
• Order and organize lab supplies. Organize and maintain lab equipment.
• Meetings, presentations, seminars
• Competently carry out the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing according to standard operating procedures.
• Perform routine tests for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment.
• Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel.
• Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning according to standard operating procedures.
• Perform quality control procedures; review and report resulting data and maintain result records according to standard operating procedures.
• Assists in daily functioning responsibilities and performance of general laboratory duties expected of maintaining a CLIA certified laboratory.
• Perform proficiency testing for assigned tests/equipment and record and maintain records of performance and outcomes according to standard operating procedures.
• Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to be a team player.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel