Genomic Health is a global healthcare company that provides actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company's lead product, the Oncotype DX® breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer and has been shown to predict the likelihood of recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).
In addition to this widely adopted test, Genomic Health provides the Oncotype DX colon cancer test, the first multi-gene expression test developed for the assessment of risk of recurrence in patients with stage II and stage III disease. Genomic Health has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of prostate and renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in breast and colon cancers. The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com and www.mybreastcancertreatment.org
The Oncotype DX U.S. market Product Director is responsible for leading the cross-functional Breast Cancer product marketing efforts, Commercial Team and the overall commercialization of the Oncotype DX Breast Cancer Assay. As such the Product Director will lead the Brand Direction and collaborate closely with Sales Management, Marketing Services, Managed Care, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Operations, Corporate Communications, and Clinical Development to drive the formulation of, and execution of the Brand Plan.
The Product Director will also prepare new product assessments for the breast cancer franchise and will be responsible for launch plans for product extensions taken to U.S. market. The Product Director will also manage, coach and develop a team of Product Managers who are responsible for executing key components of the Brand Plan. This person will also be the lead for managing Advertising Agency projects for this product and geography. This comprehensive commercial responsibility will require a clear and directive style that is able to engage a broad set of teams to work cohesively and efficiently in a fast paced setting.
The ideal candidate will have proven leadership ability of a high performing cross functional team, strong strategic marketing and analytical skills as well as highly effective communication/messaging skills. Recent experience in marketing proprietary breast cancer products to medical oncologists and/or breast cancer surgeons is essential. Experience in commercializing both therapeutics and diagnostics would be considered an advantage, although not a prerequisite.
Success in this position will require, broad strategic thinking, strong clinical knowledge, attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel in a dynamic and demanding cross functional team environment. Competitive candidates will possess significant, relevant marketing experience in the field of breast cancer, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and demonstrated ability to work with US thought leaders and other physicians. Competitive candidates will require strong presentation skills as they will be presenting to diverse audiences, including the field sales force, executive team, and medical teams, as well as potentially external audiences.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are essential. The Oncotype DX Breast Product Director should enjoy working in an ever-changing office and market environment and be able to maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations.
- Work closely with the Marketing team, Sales Management; Marketing Services, Managed Care, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Communications, Commercial Operations, and Clinical Development to achieve successful product adoption and launches of product extensions.
- Develop a comprehensive Brand Plan for the Oncotype DX Breast Cancer Assay as well as product extensions, including branding/positioning/messaging/promotional and competitive strategies and supportive clinical development/medical affairs activities.
- Establish a clear and aligned communication plan that leverages the publications and timing to align for subsequent materials and direction for field sales force.
- Develop promotional tools including brochures, advertisements, and online content to convey messages and support awareness, education, and in doing so optimize the Channel Strategy for the Oncotype DX Breast Cancer Assay.
- Ensure comprehensive training of the Sales force on key data, key messages, positioning, competitive strategies/positioning and all promotional tools and programs.
- Analyze current market research in order to drive plans and coordinate all future market research, working closely with Market Research Analyst.
- Prepare short-term and long range sales forecasts for Management Review.
- Accountable for breast franchise deliverables for corporate planning (to include Integrated Strategic Planning, Brand Planning, Long Range Planning and Operating Planning processes).
- Manage marketing budget for breast franchise.
- Work closely with field sales and managed care teams to develop and train on positioning and messaging for rapid adoption and customer education.
- Present a variety of material in front of diverse audiences, from All Company Meetings to Field Sales Meetings, Trade Shows, Executive Meetings, board meetings, and other relevant audiences. The ability to inform and inspire is critical.
- Exhibits strong people management and leadership skills, coaching, inspiring and mentoring direct reports within the team and across the Commercial organization.
- Develop national breast cancer thought-leader advocates & coordinate participation in advisory boards and speaker development programs.
- Work with the Corporate Communications & Advocacy team to develop consistent messages, and innovative digital/social media programs for Media and Patient audiences.
- Master complex scientific information at a high level in order to analyze clinical studies by Genomic Health and other parties in the field of genomics and present this analysis to diverse audiences.
- Maintain professional, engaging and patient focused communications with all internal and external audiences. We are an organization that must be firmly committed to premium customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive scientific data, HIPAA protected information, SEC-protected filings and other designated topics, at all times.
- Genomic Health, while fast-growing, is still an evolving company where the marketing group covers a broad scope of responsibility with limited resources. An ability and willingness to roll up sleeves, multi-task and complete multiple projects across different areas is critical.
- Oncology experience required with strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with key opinion leaders in breast cancer in the USA.
- Experience in the commercialization of oncology diagnostics would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Relevant experience in a tightly-controlled, regulatory environment and with managed care.
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence.
- Strategic thinker with potential for advancement as the Company grows.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the USA, as needed.
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, familiarity and use of Internet/World Wide Web, presentation development skills à MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling. The competitive candidate will be a great writer and tireless reviewer with a sharp eye for language.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines.
- A positive mental attitude to daily tasks; a net contributor to overall morale.
- A demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
- Demonstrated communication skills, presentation skills, verbal, tact, composure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex personnel issues, schedules, travel, and logistical projects & programs in and outside of GHI.
- BA or BS required. Advanced degree strongly preferred (MS, MBA, PhD, MD, RN, PharmD) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible management experience in marketing or new product planning with a strong track record of success and accessible references. Field sales experience in oncology is a significant benefit.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to build collaborative, effective cross-functional partnerships and influence across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives in Research, Development, Commercial and Medical Affairs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE