Affymetrix Reagents offers its employees a dynamic work experience in the growing field of Life Science and Biotechnology. Our staff is a team of dedicated and creative individuals whose mission is to supply quality reagents which meet or exceed our customers' needs.
Position: Academic Associate Account Manager, USB, Reagents, Northeast Territory based in Boston area.
The successful candidate must be a dynamic individual with the ability to adapt and drive growth within the academic life science market. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who can develop innovative ways to meet assigned revenue targets and possess strong interpersonal, motivational and presentation skills. The position requires a BS or BA degree, preferably in the life sciences and will demand approximately 25% overnight travel.
The Academic Associate Account Manager will be responsible for: Developing sales strategies to meet or exceed Company revenue objectives and accurately forecast sales volume and sales cycle time for academic and government accounts within their defined region. Develop and maintain an adequate pipeline of new business opportunities to achieve corporate growth targets quarterly and annually.
* Meet or exceed assigned revenue target and achieve functional / corporate goals and objectives
* Increase customer awareness of Affymetrix and advocate for all Affymetrix brands through lead generation programs
* Create and maintain relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention and loyalty
* Build on relationships with existing accounts and develop new customers primarily by site visits
* Provide quotations and samples to customers and following up on those to close the sale
* Organize and execute lectures, vendor shows, workshops, seminars and beta test programs to gain customer feedback in specific territory
* Represent USB¸/Affymetrix at conferences, shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally or nationally, as necessary
* Use of CRM software to maintain customer records and manage opportunity pipeline; ? BS or BA required in Life Science discipline
* 1-2 years sales experience preferred, however not required if the candidate possess the necessary additional skill sets
* Molecular Biology lab experience is preferred
* Approximately 25% Overnight travel
* Must be able to effectively maintain a home office
* Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills / ability to set priorities and meet deadlines