Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Sequenom is looking for a Field Service Engineer with a passion for customer service. The Field Service Engineer will interact with Sequenom customers in a highly visible technical position. This person is responsible for supplying support services to new and existing customers through the installation, repair, and maintenance of the proprietary MassARRAY System, MassARRAY Analyzer 4 and other Sequenom products. The Field Service Engineer will ensure that each Sequenom system meets performance and quality criteria.
This position will be field based in the Chicago, IL area.
• Provide technical direction, training, and support to customers on the operation and maintenance of Sequenom products via phone, online, and on-site support
• Maintain customer metrics records through the use of our CRM, Salesforce.com
• Minimize product down time for customers
• Work in close cooperation with sales and marketing, QA/QC, R&D, and other departments to address customer concerns, determine corrective actions, provide customer follow-up, and ensure timely and efficient customer support
• Perform service call scheduling and trunk-stock inventory management
• Work with interdepartmental teams to share concepts and ideas on continuous product improvements and new product development
• Present at user group meetings on Sequenom technology
• BS or higher in engineering, chemistry, molecular biology, or related field
• Minimum of 4 years of field service experience involving analytical instrumentation
• Excellent customer relationship skills and a positive presence in the customer environment
• Logical troubleshooting skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel 70% domestically, with the possibility of international travel
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs