• Formal Education (minimum: Bachelor’s in life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, or computer science)
• Experience with LINUX/UNIX and scripting in that OS
• Ability to use Microsoft Excel and related applications
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• The candidate has experience moving large amounts of quantitative data reliably and efficiently
• Strong knowledge of Perl, including the use of standard Perl modules and object-oriented Perl.
• Experience working with automatic data processing pipelines
• Familiarity with high performance computing, ideally Sun Grid Engine (SGE)
• Experience with SQL
• Broad knowledge of biology, especially genetics, cell biology, and biochemistry, and associated databases, such as dbSNP and Gen Bank
• Experience with XML/XSLT
• Experience with C++ (or C)
*Specific biological background and experience can compensate for lack of some of the technical skills. Quantitative or Population genetics, genomics, and medical/disease genetics including Linkage/Genome Wide-Association studies would be a big plus, and may offset lack of specific technical requirements (such as UNIX or shell scripting experience), if the candidate can demonstrate how they used scripting skills in any language to complete data management tasks within this domain.
Hiring Process: Data Wrangler test, intensive phone screen and panel interview.
Medical Science & Computing, Inc will provide relocation expenses and sponsorship for H1B Visa if hired.
Medical Science & Computing, Inc offers an outstanding benefits package to include comprehensive health plan, sort-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans, 401K. We are committed to a high performance culture and provide and environment that allows our employees to obtain their full potential.