Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician
Participates in the day-to-day operations of the commercial laboratory ensuring compliance with established policies, protocols, methods and procedures. Provide assistance and working knowledge at dissecting the genetic regulation of productivity traits, and the development of genomic tools to better characterize these properties.
Primary responsibilities are to carry out commercial and experimental research using molecular biology laboratory procedures such as DNA/RNA isolation, electrophoreses, next-generation sequencing, PCR and real time PCR. An excellent understanding of the experimental variables that impact PCR efficiency is required. The successful candidate will:
• Independently carry out laboratory work focusing on technical aspects of specific customer needs and research projects, in support of research associates and senior scientists in the lab;
• Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot experimental procedures and conditions;
• Be responsible for sample preparation, collection, and analysis;
• Use computer software for recording, tabulating, and maintaining data and procedures used in data collection;
• Maintain inventory of chemicals, prepare solutions and reagents, and actively participate in laboratory organization and logistics;
• Comfortable learning new equipment and robotics.
Bachelor’s Degree (prefer Master’s Degree) in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field. Candidate should be able to demonstrate laboratory experience; hands-on experience with some of the techniques listed above is required. A successful candidate will receive training on additional skills. Careful record-keeping and good organizational skills are essential. The successful candidate will start at this position immediately. To apply or for more information, please contact: Sabre Chrosniak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should include a brief cover letter detailing experience, a resume, and names of at least two references.