Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina boasts a team of over 100 software professionals at its San Diego headquarters. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. As an Illumina Software Engineer, you will enjoy a rich network of analysts, graphic designers, human factors experts and test engineers to accelerate your work. Your projects will benefit from agile methodologies, pattern-based design, and the latest Java technologies.
As an experienced software engineer you will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive system of software tools and databases used to manage workflows for mission critical manufacturing and laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
• Create/modify software to implement business rules to track the flow of critical data through a controlled series of workflow tasks using a 3-tiered client/server architecture.
• Develop components of both client- (web and/or desktop-based) and server-side software using the latest suite of Java technologies.
• Participate in the design and implementation of database schema and SQL query designs, including stored procedures, required to support high transactional backend databases.
• Collaborate with other developers to help set guidelines and best practices to overcome technical hurdles and streamline overall development.
• Participate in the testing and release of production software and validation of database integrity.
• Assist with internal/external production environments, including some limited support.
• Demonstrated success leading software development projects and delivering high-quality software products using established development methodologies against formal schedules
• Demonstrated proficiency architecting and developing enterprise-scale software in Java.
• Demonstrated proficiency in J2EE or Java Enterprise: EJB, JPA, Dependency Injection, JDBC
• Good understanding of Java Swing or JFC
• Prior experience with Web Services, including RESTful, WSDL, is desired.
• Good understanding of XML technologies, including XSD, XSLT, DTD, JAXB, etc., is a plus.
• Experience developing effective unit tests
• Prior experience with Agile development methodology
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or significant equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of programming experience in Java (Java Enterprise/J2EE, EJB, Swing, JSP and Servlet)
• 5+ years of experience in using relational databases and writing SQL (significant work with database schema design, stored procedures, use of indexes, etc. required).
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina, Inc. | 5500 Illumina Way | San Diego, CA 92122
Senior Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.