Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina boasts a team of over 100 software professionals at its San Diego headquarters. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. As an Illumina Software Engineer, you will enjoy a rich network of analysts, graphic designers, human factors experts and test engineers to accelerate your work.
Illumina is seeking motivated software developers to join the bioinformatics software engineering team. As part of this team, you will develop analysis software for our sequencing platforms. Analysis functions include primary analysis (image processing, basecalling), secondary analysis (alignment, variant calling), data visualization, and reporting.
• Efficiently design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded C# applications
• Develop clean customer-focused user interfaces using WPF, Silverlight, and web technologies
• Collaborate on cross-functional teams that drive key projects for the company
• 8+ years of work experience in an object oriented programming language, C#/Java preferred
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field
• Strong communications skills
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Biology background or experience in biotech is a plus
• Experience leading and mentoring other software developers is a plus
Illumina, Inc. | 5500 Illumina Way | San Diego, CA 92122
Senior Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.