Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry.
Illumina is challenging talented software designers to automate the machines which decipher the essence of biological structure and human disease. We are the world leader in genetic analysis instrumentation — and we would like your software to run those instruments.
This position is an opportunity to develop highly advanced research systems that integrate optical, mechanical, electrical, chemical and bioinformatic components. Their design pushes the state-of-the-art in multiple disciplines. Your software will orchestrate these systems into a unified whole.
We are looking for a self-starting individual who:
• Understands object-oriented software structure at a high level
• Can create and/or improve software designs at this level
• Efficiently writes robust code that meets product requirements while being lean, maintainable and easy to understand
• Collaborates well in a team environment
Your experience in a particular computer language or operating environment is less important than your inherent ability, motivation and communication skills. We work primarily with C# and the .NET environment, however experience in other object-oriented environments will be considered.
This position focuses on C# Windows applications which combine:
• Customer-facing WPF and/or Winforms user interface
• Multi-threaded instrument control logic
• Networked data transfer
• Analysis algorithms
• Data visualization