Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position will require the candidate to test Windows software operating mechanical instrumentation such as laser-scanning microscopes, robotic arms, and fluidic handlers.
The candidate must be comfortable and willing to work with automated tests on a regular basis.
The candidate will also utilize SQA skills to write and execute manual tests in accordance with the company's established SDLC methodology.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Write and execute manual tests. Execute automated SW tests. Carefully analyze and document test results.
• Operate a variety of laboratory instrumentation and simulators to perform integration testing, system testing, and functionality testing
• Report on test activities
• Assist software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests
• Work with scientists, technicians, engineers, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal SW systems
• B.S. in a Computer science, math, or engineering related area or equivalent technical experience.
• 2 years' operating, testing, or supporting SW for mechanical instrumentation
• 2 years experience working in Software Quality Assurance and/or other areas of the SDLC to test Windows-based GUI systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office, SQL, MySQL, Oracle Database
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
• Familiarity with Gene Expression, Genotyping, Sequencing, Microarrays, and/or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
• Understanding of Mechanical Engineering or Physics
• Possess proven troubleshooting skills
• Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
• Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
• Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
Illumina is anEqual Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. | 5500 Illumina Way | San Diego, CA 92122
Senior Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.