Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join a team with a startup mentality that is re-imagining how science is done. This role is for Illumina’s Cloud platform, BaseSpace (https://basespace.illumina.com), which has the goal of combining the latest in web technologies and concepts with cutting edge genetic sequencing. As part of this small, focused team, you will have the chance to work on building key features including: app store, unique visualizations, collaboration features, APIs, and much more.
• Design, rapidly prototype, and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable web applications and services
• Define, document, and build REST-ful APIs
• Work with traditional SQL and popular “No-SQL” based storage solutions
• Enforce code quality through unit tests and automation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or proven hacking chops
• Experience working within cross-functional core team that have built some impressive, non-trivial web applications from the ground up
• Working knowledge in relational database design and SQL
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina, Inc. | 5500 Illumina Way | San Diego, CA 92122
Senior Recruiter | Talent Acquisition
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.