• Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology or related field.
• Experience in handling Next Generation Sequencing and associated bioinformatics analyses.
• Experience in the use and application of bioinformatics software and tools to address biological research needs.
• Basic understanding of molecular biology, concepts of sequence assembly, alignment, annotation, working knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics and UNIX/LINUX.
• Proficiency in writing scripts using Perl, BioPerl, Python or equivalent languages.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with users of the Bioinformatics Core.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Highly motivated and detail oriented.
• Successful candidate will have the ability, interest and curiosity to learn new skills.
• Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology or related field.
• Skills in SNP identification and detection, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, genome and transcriptome assembly, and gene annotation.
• A background check will be required for employment in this position.
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
• Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
• Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.