Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Manufacturing Chemist will provide support to the production associates and participate in day to day activities maintaining laboratory equipment and environment.
- Organize, restock, and maintain laboratory supplies and chemical materials inventory.
- Retrieval, cleaning and return of glassware to laboratories with a system to avoid cross-contamination, including large (10L - 50L) glass reactors.
- Prepare buffers and solutions following SOPs.
- Help in staging raw materials for production including maintenance of solvents and solutions at production workstations.
- Replacing waste bottles, broken glass and sharps containers in the labs.
- Maintenance of hygiene in the lab - Cleaning of lab benches, balances and other equipment.
- Periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment such as vacuum pumps, vacuum ovens, rotary evaporators, balances, pipettes etc.
- Keeping records and archives for general matters: Log sheets of production equipment, MSDS, etc.
- Collection of waste from satellite accumulation area to warehouse for disposal by trained personnel.
- Participation and monitoring of production runs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a scientific or laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of laboratory environment, standard labware and GMP.
- General safety precaution skills.
- Ability to learn new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE