Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Bench level job focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR based IVD product development with an emphasis on bioinformatics and data mining in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization.
- Develop algorithms to conduct and automate data mining over publicly available data sets to support commercially available IVD products.
- Develop tools for automating nucleic acid sequence searches, alignments and designing primers/probes for real time PCR and RT-PCR assays.
- Help to optimize real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the GeneXpert platform based on design input requirements.
- Help in the development of diagnostic tests for influenza and other respiratory viruses
- Help write verification SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Master's in a Life Science discipline.
- 3 to 5 years experience at a molecular diagnostics company, public health laboratory or similar institution.
- Real time PCR or RT-PCR and product development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of molecular biology, including principles of nucleic acid hybridization, primer/probe design and sequencing.
- Proficient in biological sequence analysis.
- Possess skills/knowledge in handling clinical samples and be able to work in a BSL-2 environment.
- Excellent documentation and communications skills.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
- Experience in general virological methods; an understanding of the molecular and cellular virology of influenza viruses would be a plus.
- Be highly goal-oriented and organized and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment and with outside collaborators is a requirement.
- Self-driven and flexible who can allocate time and resources efficiently, effectively prioritize, and continually seek ways to improve individual and corporate efficiency.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE