• M.S or Ph.D. (or clearly demonstrated equivalent work experience) in Bioinformatics, Genomics or Genetics required with 3+ years of experience in large-scale sequencing strongly preferred. Individuals without previous experience in Genomics should NOT apply
• Hands-on skills with Linux/Unix, scripting languages and experience with handling very large data sets is a plus, including a solid understanding of statistical methods as they apply to genomic and genome-wide genetic data. Strong familiarity with public sequence databases and with standard sequence analysis tools and methods is required.
• A strong working knowledge of current results and trends in genomics and human genome sequencing is preferred. Should be current and well-informed on the relevant scientific literature.
• Ideally, should have a good understanding of current methods and results for analyzing sequence and structural variation in both human genetics and in cancer genome biology.
• Ideally, should have a good general knowledge of available next-gen sequencing technologies.
• Experience working in multidisciplinary environments and in particular with inside and outside groups on challenging scientific projects is preferred.
• Fluent in spoken and written English. Excellent customer communication and interaction skills including the ability to empathize, to communicate clearly and to respond to queries in a timely fashion.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively, as well as able to manage time and prioritize to execute well on multiple ongoing projects.
• Previous experience working with clinical customers is a plus
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer