Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-CM-066
Reports To: Vice President, Professional Services & Support
Department: Professional Services
This individual responsible for supporting CGI’s customers through all steps of receiving, understanding, and using the data from CGI.
This is a unique opportunity suited for a qualified bioinformatician with an interest in working with customers, primarily in the clinical space, to deliver first-in-class data analysis support.
• Train customer on CGI application pipelines and workflows, in person and online.
• Work directly with our clinical and research customers to solve their bioinformatics challenges, which may include troubleshooting, problem-solving, scripting work to resolve issues
• Train customer on CGI application and workflows, in person and online.
• Answering (by email, phone, and in person) both scientific and technical questions regarding CGI provided data (quality, scientific attributes, formats, semantics) as they may apply to the customer’s specific scientific goals
• Advising customers on the use of various software tools, workflows, and QC criteria for utilizing Complete Genomics data in for various scientific purposes
• For certain key customers and key demonstration projects, assisting and collaborating in various analyses of CGI data
• Interacting with and supporting local partners, such as those developing software for use with the Complete Genomics data
• Helping the Complete Genomics team in authoring documentation and support materials.
• Keeping abreast of community technical and scientific knowledge regarding the attributes of and approaches to using genomic sequence data.
• Writing-up detailed customer feedback for incorporation into product plans
• The Travel required is likely to be 15% - 25% of weekdays, although it could be higher at certain times.
• The individual will be working in our HQ in Mountain View or out of their home office.
• PhD or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics, Genomics or Genetics with 5+ years of experience in large-scale sequence analysis. Individuals without previous experience in Genomics and data analysis of next-generation sequencing should NOT apply
• Strong working knowledge of current results and trends in Genomic analysis as may be learned by reading the literature, attending seminars and conferences, scientific discussions, etc. Understanding of current studies of sequence and structural variants in both genetic analysis and in cancer genome biology.
• Hands-on skills with Linux/Unix and scripting languages. Good understanding of statistical methods as they apply to genomic and genome-wide genetic data. Strong familiarity with sequence databases and standard sequence analysis tools and methods.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent customer interaction skills and experience with managing post-sales customer situations
• Previous experience working with clinical customers is a plus
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.