Position Code: 12-CM-066
Reports To: Vice President, Professional Services & Support
Department: Professional Services
This individual responsible for supporting CGI’s customers through all steps of receiving, understanding, and using the data from CGI.
This is a unique opportunity suited for a qualified bioinformatician with an interest in working with customers, primarily in the clinical space, to deliver first-in-class data analysis support.
• Train customer on CGI application pipelines and workflows, in person and online.
• Work directly with our clinical and research customers to solve their bioinformatics challenges, which may include troubleshooting, problem-solving, scripting work to resolve issues
• Train customer on CGI application and workflows, in person and online.
• Answering (by email, phone, and in person) both scientific and technical questions regarding CGI provided data (quality, scientific attributes, formats, semantics) as they may apply to the customer’s specific scientific goals
• Advising customers on the use of various software tools, workflows, and QC criteria for utilizing Complete Genomics data in for various scientific purposes
• For certain key customers and key demonstration projects, assisting and collaborating in various analyses of CGI data
• Interacting with and supporting local partners, such as those developing software for use with the Complete Genomics data
• Helping the Complete Genomics team in authoring documentation and support materials.
• Keeping abreast of community technical and scientific knowledge regarding the attributes of and approaches to using genomic sequence data.
• Writing-up detailed customer feedback for incorporation into product plans
• The Travel required is likely to be 15% - 25% of weekdays, although it could be higher at certain times.
• The individual will be working in our HQ in Mountain View or out of their home office.