Register to view the archived recording here.
Position Code: 13-PD-084
Reports To: Director, Fluidic Systems
• Responsibilities include, but not limited to troubleshooting, analysis and debugging of complex DNA sequencing systems in a 24/7 lab work environment
• Respond to production work requests and equipment performance issues on the day-to-day basis.
• Conduct onsite installations, repairs, retrofits, and upgrades
• Perform preventive maintenance and regular equipment and process inspections on all sequencing instruments and liquid handling systems.
• Work closely with Help Desk and follows all guidelines from the QA department to properly maintain PM, service and repair records
• Work cross-functionally with production, scientists, biologists, instrument software engineering and R&D engineering
• Analyze, evaluate and work technical support issues to resolution
• Exercise judgment for managing escalations, priority setting, conflict resolution when facing multiple and concurrent service issues
• Ensure that spare parts are available and works closely with management, financing and sales to replenish depleting spare part inventory
• Ensure that appropriate tools are at hand and order replacements as required
• Follows company guidelines, equipment and process documentation and provides feedback for improvement
• Requires AS/BS degree in a related field and four plus years of experience working as an Equipment Maintenance Technician or as a Field service Engineer.
• Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other departments
• Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action and effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data
• Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics
• Ability to apply advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level
• Ability to understand hardware and software operations
• Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the bio-technology and medical labs
• Demonstrate ability to produce quality work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written skills and ability to cross-functional/departmental engagement
• Must also be able to establish/maintain good working relationships and be able to work cooperatively/productively with engineers, vendors, customers,
• Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
• Experience in using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch
• Must be a team player, Detail-oriented, accurate and ability to multi-task organized, and easy to get along with others
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills on complex DNA sequencing instruments
• Full working knowledge of automated robotic systems, high speed imagers and multiple positioning stage systems
• Biomedical Engineering and/or biotechnology lab equipment background
• Aerotech stages and motion controllers, Digital Scope, Renishaw laser encoder systems, laser auto focus & tracking sensor units, Keyence, fiber optic sensors
• Hamamatsu cameras, Tecan fluidic robots, optics, lasers, SMC, valves, vacuum trap modules
• Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronic, mechanical and pneumatic components
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.