Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 13-PD-083
Reports To: Director, Fluidic Systems
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer-Plastics Design and Silicon Packaging will work in our Mountain View, CA engineering facility.
- Work closely with external vendors to conceive and design high-volume, injection-molded consumables
- Oversee development of bonding and sealing processes for consumable assembly
- Work with technicians to develop life testing and failure analysis of assembled parts
- Select materials based on opto-mechanical,properties and material compatibility
- Work with supply chain to release the parts and processes into sustainable manufacturing environments
- Receive and test first articles, drive process optimization and complete final qualification
- Act as technical lead for the product releases
- Prepare and make presentations
- BS (MS preferred) in mechanical engineering or closely-related discipline
- Experience in design of injection-molded plastic in medical, life-sciences or consumer products
- 5+ years experience with solid-modeling software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of polymer properties, especially those used in the medical and life sciences industries
- Experience with design of injection-molded, micro-fluidic parts a strong plus
- Familiar with the principles of static and dynamic sealing
- Previous experience with bonding and sealing
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward - unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.