Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-077
Reports To: Senior Manager, Business Process Automation
Complete Genomics is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to design and build scalable enterprise applications to enable effective tracking and automation of our lab and data processing pipelines.
• Develop integrated workflow solutions to automate and manage processes used by our high throughput human genome sequencing production factory
• Interact with internal stakeholders to determine, analyze, formalize and document user requirements
• Translate requirements into robust and modular designs
• Develop and maintain enterprise Java applications.
Required Technical Skills:
• Experience as technical lead in designing and architecting scalable enterprise data management solutions.
• 8+ years’ experience designing complex Java based multi-layer applications, 5+ years in commercial software development or the equivalent.
• Strong database design and development experience
• Industry experiences using Java-frameworks/technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, CXF, JDBC, JMS
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience building Workflow systems
• Agile Development Methodologies
• Successful experiences collaborating with scientists in life-science organizations (biotech, pharma, genomics, bioinformatics)
Required Soft Skills:
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
• Energetic and motivated self-starter
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
• Good collaboration and communication skills, ability to participate on interdisciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
Apply for this position
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.