Principal responsibilities of this position include overall Production Support of Complete Genomics’ internal Application Stack, which would include:
• Provide first-level support to the Business Process Automation group’s applications, including troubleshooting production software and data issues.
• Working directly with users to identify issues.
• Identify and Implement bug fixes or configuration changes in coordination with both IT Operations and Software Development
• Identify and Implement Process Improvements that will lead to greater reliability and minimized downtimes for the Application Stack
• Ensure adherence to the SLA
• Develop infrastructure and tools for system monitoring and performance measurement
Required Technical Skills:
• Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, T-SQL, stored procedures
• Proven ability to debug production issues including multiple complex software systems and databases
• Experience supporting systems in mission-critical environments
• Minimum of 3 years in working on large-scale production software systems
• Equivalent of 5 or more years in a Technical Services position
• Good understanding of Linux systems administration, excellent systems and application level troubleshooting skills
• Experience monitoring systems health and analyzing log files
Additional Desired Skills:
• Software development background (Java, .NET, C/C++, PHP, Python, Unix Scripting)
• Strong engineering aptitude and demonstrated ability to apply those skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize high support load to closure or escalation
• Ability to document cases to ensure escalation
• Experience operating in a 24/7 production environment & being front line support
• Ability to solve problems and think creatively
• Excellent teamwork, communication (verbal and written), and customer-facing skills
• Ability to multitask several critical issues simultaneously
• Ability to work cooperatively with peers, managers, and others organizations
• Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Able to work as part of a team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a technical major
Apply for this position
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer