Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 13-PD-081
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
Department: Library Operations
The primary responsibility of the laboratory automation engineer is to provide ongoing laboratory automation support to a cutting-edge next generation sequencing process. This person must demonstrate a high level of individual responsibility and accountability in sustaining the day-to-day operations of sample and library preparation laboratories. A qualified candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of laboratory instrumentation troubleshooting and qualification testing. An ideal candidate will also have demonstrated success developing and improving robust, scalable laboratory processes.
• Provide ongoing lab automation support for NGS sample preparation and library construction laboratories
• Script, troubleshoot, and test lab protocols on Tecan and Hamilton automation platforms
• Perform equipment qualification and post PM/service release testing
• Work with scientists and lab manager to improve existing laboratory automation processes
• Provide input to equipment purchasing decisions
• Work directly with equipment vendors/technicians to install/maintain new equipment locally and at remote sites
• Create training documentation, SOPs, PPIs for the use and maintenance of automation platforms
• Create IQ,OQ and PQ test plans; perform testing and write reports
• B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Chemistry or Life Science with 3+ years of direct hands-on experience with laboratory automation and instrumentation.
• Proficient with Tecan, Hamilton, and/or other robotic liquid handler programming environments
• In depth understanding of robotic liquid handling techniques and processes
• Experience working with laboratory information management systems
• Experience in equipment IQ/OQ/PQ process
• Ability to draft SOPs, Qualification Procedures, and Test Plans
• Strong understanding of Molecular Biology and Chemistry as it pertains to DNA sequencing
• Willingness for occasional travel is a plus
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.