Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Position Code: 12-PD-068
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
As a member of the Library Preparation group, the Molecular Biologist will play a key role in using production-scale molecular biology processes in the construction of sequencing substrates from customer DNA samples. These processes will include the manipulation of nucleic acids using a variety of enzymatic methods to generate and QC sequencing substrates suitable for CGI’s high throughput sequencing platform. This individual’s main responsibilities will be to meet production throughput and quality goals, though they will also contribute to the continuous improvement of novel library construction processes.
• BS/MS in Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) and at least 5 years of directly related experience.
• Extensive molecular biology expertise including PCR, genotyping, sequencing, or microarray analysis.
• Familiarity with systems and processes used in molecular biology production environments, including use of SOPs and LIMS.
• Familiarity with high throughput production environments a strong plus.
• Experience in operating high-end analytical instrumentation. Liquid handling automation experience a plus.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both written and electronic documentation.
Note: This is a shift schedule position that will include weekend hours.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics is the whole human genome sequencing company that has developed and commercialized an innovative DNA sequencing service. The Complete Genomics Analysis Platform (CGA™ Platform) combines Complete Genomics’ proprietary human genome sequencing technology with advanced informatics and data management software. Additional information can be found at http://www.completegenomics.com.