POSITION SUMMARY :
The Business Development Department is seeking to build its resources to support the growing needs of the company as our business expands and evolves.
The Department is responsible for supporting company collaborations in all major areas: working with existing academic and pharmaceutical partners to pursue new product development for Genomic Health, identifying opportunities and negotiating agreements with current and potential partners on new initiatives, continuing to assess other collaborative projects in technology, marketing channels, and potential new businesses. With increasing proposals for alliances coming from external parties, the Department needs to manage a process of cross-functional evaluation, communication and follow through based on team decisions.
Business Development also supports international business expansion for the company at this time. The Department is responsible for coordinating resources from multiple functions, to assess business and partnering opportunities and to establish a foothold in key countries / regions. We are building a foundation to establish our products and services outside the US, in order to support critical treatment decision for cancer patients and physicians worldwide.
- Provide deal and licensing support to project teams
- Develop and negotiate agreements, collaborating with research or clinical, finance, legal and other key functions on the deal
- Build and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Lead business analysis and modeling
- Coordinate and follow through on evaluation of in-coming opportunities
- Travel to key conferences and perspective partners to build and maintain network
- Financial analysis / modeling skills, strong computer competencies and systems design orientation
- International interest and language skills in addition to English highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of business development processes including internal concept definition, negotiations, contract, financial analysis and modeling
- Ability to review, draft and interpret terms sheets for deals of all kinds
- Bias to action - ability to execute on potential
- Strong attention to detail and exacting work standards
- Strong follow through
- Strong team orientation: ability in coordinating cross-functional efforts and effectiveness in leading others to deliver
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in healthcare related fields, e.g., biotech, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- BS, MBA highly desirable
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Travel Requirements: 25% Travel
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary; Facilities, Materials and Engineering employees occasionally must lift at least 50-75 pounds
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE