Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to growth and expansion in the area of Diagnostics Development, Sequenom is looking to hire addition Scientists to work in the R&D department. The Scientist is responsible for planning and executing research and development projects leading to Laboratory Developed Tests and potential In vitro Diagnostics in a regulated environment. The ideal candidate will apply extensive knowledge of biochemistry, molecular biology, instrumentation, and bioinformatics in the development and optimization of nucleic acid detection assays performed via next-generation sequencing and mass spectrometry.
• Retrieve and annotate genomic data, design assays and experiments, execute experimental protocols, and analyze data for qualitative and quantitative review
• Utilize molecular biology techniques in the manipulation of nucleic acids for the creation and optimization of novel diagnostic assays
• Create design input requirements for assays
• Design appropriate model systems for proof-of-concept and validation studies
• Create and optimize liquid handling protocols to streamline and standardize assay performance
• Perform data analysis with graphical representations of findings using appropriate software (Excel, JMP, R)
• Document all work in the form of laboratory notebook, study reports, and summary reports
• Present data clearly and concisely at departmental meetings
• Participate and present findings at conferences
• Publish scientifically relevant data in peer reviewed journals
• Participate in the development of patent applications, if applicable