Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Associate director of a newly-established Genome Sequencing Core Laboratory.
60% - 1. Next-generation sequencing library construction and quality control; Running samples on an Illumina Hiseq2500 instrument.
20% - 2. Basic analysis (e.g., base calling) and distribution of sequencing reads to users of the Genome Sequencing Core.
10% - 3. Daily management of the Core, such as ordering supplies and maintaining the workflow of the Core.
10% - 4. Design of next generation sequencing protocols for users of the Core along with the Director and Core Leaders.
1. BA in one of the biological or chemical sciences.
2. At least two years of experience using molecular biology in a research lab setting, including manipulation of RNA and DNA samples.
1. An advanced degree (master’s or Ph.D.) in one of the biological or chemical sciences.
2. Experience with preparing samples for next-generation sequencing.
3. Experience using computational analysis of DNA sequencing.
4. Ability to manage and organize multiple research projects.
5. Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Submit application at http://employment.ku.edu/jobs/2172. Attach cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references. It is best to combine the three documents into one attachment. Application review begins March 15, 2013 and continues until position is filled. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Genome Sequencing Core Laboratory at the University of Kansas is an NIH-funded core laboratory whose purpose is to provide next generation sequencing services to users from across the campus, including departments in Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, and Engineering.