Brief Posting Description
The purpose of this position is to perform all duties related to experiment design and execution, data analysis, general laboratory responsibilities, and assisting/mentoring colleagues and/or interns. These procedures allow for a laboratory functioning efficiently to produce quality data that will translate into publications and most importantly advances in the clinic.
• Experiment design, execution and data analysis
• Training of other junior or new staff members
• Order and organize lab supplies. Organize and maintain lab equipment.
• Meetings, presentations, seminars
• Competently carry out the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing according to standard operating procedures.
• Perform routine tests for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment.
• Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel.
• Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning according to standard operating procedures.
• Perform quality control procedures; review and report resulting data and maintain result records according to standard operating procedures.
• Assists in daily functioning responsibilities and performance of general laboratory duties expected of maintaining a CLIA certified laboratory.
• Perform proficiency testing for assigned tests/equipment and record and maintain records of performance and outcomes according to standard operating procedures.
• Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to be a team player.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel