Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
The Research Flow Cytometry Core Facility in the Therapeutics Protein Department seeks a highly motivated Flow Cytomery Operator. The ideal candidate should have some basic flow cytometry experience. Responsibilities include operation and maintenance of a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo Legacy high-speed cell sorter as well other flow cytometers in a busy core facility. The facility provides service to the Therapeutic Proteins Group, as well other Research groups at Regeneron. Primary responsibility will be to perform basic sorting experiments to include sterile and single-cell sorting. Responsible for basic data analysis using various flow cytometric software.
- Operate a Beckman-Coulter MoFlo Legacy high speed cell sorter
- Responsible for the proper maintenance, alignment, and calibration of equipment
- Analysis of flow cytometric data
- Assist with maintenance of other flow cytometry equipment in the core (BD FACSCanto, Accuri and IntelliCyt HTFC Screening System)
- Maintain schedule for sorter
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents
This position requires a BS/MS and a minimum of 2-4 years lab experience, specifically of flow cytometry/sorting experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge of FACS principles and basic flow cytometry experience
- Previous experience Operating a cell sorter
- Requires analytical problem solving experience
- Experience with tissue culture helpful.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform flow cytometric duties that expedite and support scientific staffs flow cytometric goals and objectives
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
Level is commensurate with experience.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE