Genomic Health is a global healthcare company that provides actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company's lead product, the Oncotype DX® breast cancer test, has been shown to predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit as well as recurrence in invasive breast cancer and has been shown to predict the likelihood of recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).
In addition to this widely adopted test, Genomic Health provides the Oncotype DX colon cancer test, the first multi-gene expression test developed for the assessment of risk of recurrence in patients with stage II and stage III disease. Genomic Health has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of prostate and renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in breast and colon cancers.
The company is based in Redwood City, California with European headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit, www.GenomicHealth.com. To learn more about Oncotype DX tests, visit: www.OncotypeDX.com and www.mybreastcancertreatment.org
The VP of Commercial Breast & Colon Operating Unit is accountable for the comprehensive planning and management of our US commercial breast and colon sales and marketing strategy. He/she will lead in the development of a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan to maximize our US opportunity in these markets. This position will report directly to the Sr. VP of Worldwide Commercial (VPWC) with a concentrated effort on exceeding all sales/marketing goals and corporate initiatives. The VP of Commercial Breast & Colon Operating Unit will support the Sr. VPWC in all facets of the U.S. breast & colon sales/marketing activities with a keen attention to maintaining and promoting our corporate vision and values.
- Identify, plan and develop US opportunities in the breast and colon customer/potential customer markets. Maintain a strong business acumen and partner with key customers in these markets while proactively and effectively communicating with the Sr. VPWC regarding prospective business opportunities.
- Lead multi-functional teams to maximize our US opportunities with current breast/colon products. Continually demonstrate excellent executive leadership skills in driving and partnering with all levels of the GHI organization to deliver on these goals (ie. Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, Medical, Legal, Corporate Communications, Commercial Services, Sales Operation, International, etc.)
- Develop brand and launch plans for current and new breast/colon products and lead US launch teams focusing on branding, positioning, pre-post launch education and product/sales forecasting/pricing.
- Excel in sourcing, hiring, training, counseling/coaching and promoting a high performance staff within the U.S. breast/colon Marketing and Sales Teams.
- Lead and or support the Lead of the Commercial Product Teams
- Motivate and empower his/her management team to successfully execute on all business objectives. Lead by example both in prosperous and during challenging times.
- Work with Ex-US partnerships to insure global branding, appropriate messaging and maximum growth.
- Lead and manage complex cross functional team projects with competing deadlines critical to our success: commercial strategy, brand planning, business development, patient advocacy, competitive analysis, etc.
Genomic Health seeks to attract an ambitious leader with substantial experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic or medical device industry. The ideal candidate will have a commercial background and oncology therapeutic/diagnostic expertise. We are also open to candidates who come with a consumer marketing background. The VP Commercial, Breast and Colon Operating Unit will have the relevant clinical development and commercial background to enable him/her to lead a complex team and portfolio of projects, including all elements of: risk assessment and management, milestone setting and budgeting, resource allocation and progress reporting for informed decision-making.
The qualified candidate should have either an academic or industrial background, ideally experience in both. Experience bringing a product/test to market or demonstrated leadership in changing healthcare practice is highly desired.
- BA or BS required. Advanced degree desirable (MS, MBA, PhD, MD).
- Ten plus years in increasingly responsible leadership positions within sales/marketing (Bio/Pharma or lab) with a proven track record of experience managing to a P&L bottom line on a national and or global level.
- Oncology market and/or lab experience required.
- Managed Care experience a real plus - contracting experience, preferably on the major pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical/lab or on the industry side of health care.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teambuilding and sound communication skills, with experience conducting business on a global basis.
- In-depth understanding of the sales, sales training, marketing and customer service process.
- In-depth understanding of systems that support and track sales and contract performance.
- Experience with US regulatory/legal environment.
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence. Ability to integrate and apply complex figures, data, and feedback in a professional manner.
- Strategic thinker.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- High potential for advancement with established leadership skills (future potential to run a Commercial organization).
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Position located in Redwood City, travel required - 35-50%.
- Leadership: Participation in/responsibility for building and shaping an organization is critical. Proven ability to build, communicate, and execute operational and tactical strategies/plans/teams that have led directly to the commercialization of products in a practical time frame and within agreed economic parameters is highly valued. In addition, the personal skills, confidence, and credibility that has allowed him/her to integrate effectively into pre-established leadership teams is highly sought.
- Setting Strategy: The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of innovative thinking across the entire value chain of the business enterprise. He/she will possess excellent judgment, integrity, decisiveness and the ability to architect and communicate the Company's Commercial strategic vision to both external and internal audiences. He/She will envision the long-term market potential for Genomic Health's products and position the business to capitalize on it.
- Executing for Results/Managing Teams: He/She will set competitive goals and will be able to translate this vision to actionable plans.
- Coaching: A demonstrated ability to coach the Breast/Colon Operating Unit to outstanding performance.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills - the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences including investors, scientific and technical leaders, pharmaceutical and business partners, etc.
- Entrepreneurial Drive: Desire and proven ability to have an impact. An energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE